Tuesday, January 02, 2007

lounging - christmas pt 1

Golden and I spent quite a bit of time with family this past holiday. From the night of the 20th until noon on the 23rd we were with her family. From the afternoon of the 24th until noon on the 30th we were with my family. Probably to the chagrin of Golden's and my family, I very literally tend to treat holiday time as vacation time. I sleep in. I don't do much. I try to just forget about the outside world.

Already I can hear people pointing out that this is not much different from how I am when I am not visiting family. There is a difference, even if no one else recognizes it.

I have a few reasons for kicking back like this. The first is that the time leading up to the holiday is generally very stressful, so I want to completely shut down once the actual holiday arrives.

The second reason is due to our families. When we visit Golden's family we usually watch TV in the night time. In the morning and early afternoon, Golden usually does something with her mom or both of her parents and I stay behind. I don't mind, but it causes me to lounge around a lot.

When we visit my family we spend a lot of time around the house largely because my mom wants quality time with us more than to be doing something. We end up playing board games and doing puzzles partially because these are quality time activities. We enjoy the games and puzzles as well, but I think that the main appeal is that everyone is together. Again, this tends to put me in a lounging mood.

There are probably other reasons for my lazy attitude over Christmas as well, but it isn't worth listing them. I look bad enough already.

3 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I can't get up past 10am on the holidays. It's nice to sleep in and be lazy

T said...

Usually my family is early risers. But this holiday, the majority of the time it was us and my sisters family. Non of us are early risers, so we all stayed up late and woke up late! It was great! :)

GoldenSunrise said...

I lounge also at my parents and your parents house because someone else does the cooking and cleaning! I like being spoiled like that.