Saturday, December 30, 2006

back in business

I am currently sitting in the Hampton Inn in Terre Haute, Indiana, sipping decaf and catching up on stuff I missed for a week. Golden and I should be back home sometime tomorrow evening. It is always possible that the weather could affect those plans, but it looks like we're going to be in the hotel while the bulk of the bad weather passes us by.

We are both pretty exhausted and she is actually considering going to bed hours before the switchover to 2007 because she doesn't think that she can stay up that long. I don't think I will go to bed before midnight any New Year's Eve for at least another fifty years.

I'm considering switching my posting pattern this upcoming week to work around New Year's Day, so it will probably be Tuesday before I post again. The next week will be observations I made over the holiday. I think I like doing that after a break, so everyone will just need to get used to it, I guess.

Speaking of daily routines, this whole being away from home for over a week has messed up my mental scheduled routines. I forgot completely that this is a Saturday evening until a couple of minutes ago because weekdays and weekends have somewhat lost their meaning in the last 10 days. I like that because part of the point of a major holiday to me is to forget about routine life for a bit, but that makes it a little harder to get back in my routines when the holiday is over.

2 comments:

T said...

glad to have you back! Our routine has been thrown a bit too! It's been a good break from things!

GoldenSunrise said...

I wish we had one more day at home before going back to work!