Friday, September 08, 2006

solitude

This weekend I am dropping Golden and NJ off at her parents' house for a week. Obviously, I will be baching it this coming week. I am kind of torn on this.

On the one hand, I am looking forward to being able to do things without being interrupted by the baby. I enjoy time by myself to enjoy a movie, game, or just complete something I need to do, like homework.

On the other hand, a week is a long time to be the only one at the house, and it is an especially long time to be responsible for all the things that Golden typically takes care of. She handles clothing and meals as well as a multitude of other things I am sure to discover this week.

I haven't been alone at home for more than a day too many times in my life. This may be a fight for survival.

4 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

Please tell me you are joking, because if you are not...then you are a sad, sad man. :)

I don't know who to feel more sorry for - you or Golden.

roamingwriter said...

It will be interesting to see if you turn to blogging each day for companionship.

I love being alone but also like to socialize, it's a strange dichotomy for me.

T said...

Relax, have fun and don't forget to clean up the place before you bring her home! :)

windarkwingod said...

My brother used to have the same experience. He needed the time to regain energy, and had fun while he really missed his larger family. Enjoy what you can and indulge yourself... I think that you'll be more energized when the week is over and you are reunited...