Thursday, September 21, 2006

password expired

Your password has expired. In an effort to improve security passwords must be changed every 90 days. Please enter a new password.
Password: ok fine

Whitespace characters are not allowed in passwords. Please enter a new password.
Password: okfine

Passwords must contain at least one capitalized letter. Please enter a new password.
Password: OKFine

Passwords must contain at least eight (8) characters. Please enter a new password.
Password: GoldDust

Passwords must contain at least one special character, like an exclamation mark (!) or a pound sign (#). Please enter a new password.
Password: What the...

Whitespace characters are not allowed in passwords. Please enter a new password.
Password: ?!?!?What?!?!?

Passwords must start with an alphanumeric character. Please enter a new password.
Password: What_do_you_want_from_me???

Passwords must not contain more than twenty-five (25) characters. Please enter a new password.
Password: Arrrrrrgggghhh!!!!!

This password has been recently used. New passwords cannot have been used in the past two years. Please enter a new password.
Password: I_give_up!

Your password has been changed! It will expire in 90 days or whenever your network administrator feels like expiring your password for his own amusement. Have a good day!

6 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

real cute. clever.

We should use GoldDust as a password for something of ours.

T said...

LOL, yes..my favorite one lately has been the password meter. It tells you if your password it poor, good, or grrrrreat! :)

Anonymous said...

Fun post! :o) Ah, I remember well the first time my network password expired with no warning and locked me out of my computer. Fun times, fun times.

windarkwingod said...

nice one! I try to use the same password for everything. It's a Bible reference. If I need more letters I just spell out the whole thing. I'm so holy (and naive...)

Achtung BB said...

I thought you were good with computers?

roamingwriter said...

My problem is when they have special instructions I tweek one of my standard passwords, then can't remember the tweek the next time I'm at the website...