Monday, September 18, 2006

all over again

For as long as I can remember, I have experienced déjà vu. It's not an everyday thing, but I will go through weeks where it happens three or four times. I'll just be minding my own business and something will happen (usually someone will say something) and I will just know that I have experienced this before. It doesn't feel at all like I am imagining that I have experienced this before. It feels more real than that, like maybe I dreamed it in the past.

This used to concern me. I always believed that any predictive powers came from either God or Satan. I couldn't think of any reason God would do this. There wasn't much I could do about it, though.

This is one of those things that I haven't discussed too much in the past. I don't know how many other people feel about déjà vu and whether they have opinions about where it originates, so I didn't figure it was worth broaching the topic.

I recently read the Wikipedia description of déjà vu and found that I actually have been experiencing déjà vécu. The article also gives some possible causes of déjà vu, but there is nothing definitive. I am quite sure these aren't premonitions, but if something is screwy in my head, I'd like to know what it is.

4 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Sometimes I dream about a conversation with someone, and then that conversation happens.

T said...

I've had that happen too. I had this a lot more as a child then I do now. No explanation, but you're not alone. Not much help here! :)

f o r r e s t said...

Haven't you posted this topic before?

roamingwriter said...

I go through "spells" of having deja vu much more often than at other times. I also read a theory once that it has to do with your mind cycling so fast that the memory gets there before the sensory information is fully loaded in your head. If that's the case and it comes in spells, does that mean at those times my mind is running on more cylinders than normal? Should I take advantage of that somehow? hmmm