Wednesday, September 27, 2006

slurm

Golden recently picked up some Sunkist orange pop at the store and this reminded me of a comparison that I have made many times. Every time I see Sunkist I think of the drink Slurm from Futurama, and vise versa. It is actually to the point that I got a few of the guys at the office to call it Sunkist "Slurm."

Maybe this is a stretch, but it's close enough that if I watch much Futurama I tend to drink more Sunkist. In one episode of Futurama, Fry finds out that Slurm is an excrement from a huge slug creature, but in the end that doesn't matter because it is so addictive. Sunkist isn't really addictive, but I did crave it every time I saw that episode.

So, am I the only one who sees the similarity, or am I right?

5 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

Ooooh! That is a bit of a stretch especially since it has all the wrong colors.

shakedust said...

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't notice the colors. :)

I think that the color of slurm (the drink, not the can) is supposed to be orange, though.

f o r r e s t said...

Oh...I don't watch cartoons made for adults.

Anonymous said...

How sad is this... I had absolutely no idea what Futurama was. Maybe I should get cable.

Dash said...

well ... they both seem can-like. And they both start with "S"......

Knowing that Slurm is orange helps though.