Saturday, September 23, 2006

cookies 'n cream

Golden likes Oreos. I don't really, but I'll eat them. I view them as the anticookie. To me, a perfect cookie is a chewy chocolate chip. Oreos are too crunchy and they stick to the teeth. I do love the creamy filling, and that is why I'll eat Oreos on occasion, but the filling hardly makes up for the drawbacks of the crunchy exterior.I had a conversation at work a few days ago about how good the minty inside of an Oreo is and how annoying the chocolate outside is when it occurred to me. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say anything good about the chocolate part of the Oreo. So, my question to the Oreo lovers is, "Do you like Oreos simply for the minty, creamy filling, or does the chocolate, crunchy outside have some appeal as well?"

5 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

It's the combination of the two that makes it good. I love the new Orea commercial where the girl and the Grandma race to lick the icing off their cookie and dunk it.

Anonymous said...

I never thought the filling in normal oreos was minty... or are you talking about mint oreos?

I don't mind oreos, but they aren't my favorite either. I prefer them as an ingredient in other things. They are very good in Mud Pie blizzards or Mint Oreo blizzards at DQ.

T said...

I don't just go pick oreo's out when I want a cookie. It's more of a mood food for me. It's more of a "staying up late/hanging out with others" fun food. I see them as party food.

I have a sister that ate 2 or 3 oreos after every meal for about 7 years. She now gets headaches from chocolate, so she no longer eats the oreos. I knew that she'd have them in her cupboard everytime I visited though! :)

f o r r e s t said...

I love oreo's - the whole thing especially the crunchy chocolate. I do like my cookies soft and chewy, but I really don't put oreos in the same category as a cookie. It is more of a snack cracker.

I've never like the icing plain and have never licked it alone.

roamingwriter said...

I like oreos, they're okay, but not a favorite. They need to be eaten whole. No icing by itself. I like them as an ingredient too- oreo shakes, yum. Hadn't heard about the mint oreo blizzard, that sounds fantastic as chocolate mint is my favorite. Oreos are not real common here but I don't ever buy them in the US so why would I buy them here?