Saturday, February 02, 2008

truth or dairy

Tonight is now the third night this week that I have had some severe pains after eating dairy food. I went to the doctor's office on Thursday and he thought it was the early stages of gastroesophageal reflux disease. He told me I should just avoid eating after 10 PM.

I am starting to think this is more severe than what the doctor thinks it is. Maybe I have developed lactose intolerance or a milk allergy? I do know that I will be avoiding milk products a lot more in the near future than I have been. I am thinking about testing some of those pills they make for the lactose intolerant.

I stopped by a drug store on the way back from the doctor's to pick up the generic versions of Mylanta and Gas-X. When I went through the checkout the lady asked how I was doing in a happy voice. I wondered how it was not obvious based on the products I was purchasing as I responded, "Fine," in a happy voice.

I hope that I can be more sincere about that response in the near future.

1 comment:

T said...

Hope you feel better soon. If it is just an intollerance..the lactaid (I think is the name) worked pretty well for Dash. My guess is the intollerance verses allergy--but I'm not a doctor! :) I just play one at my home!