Monday, February 11, 2008

crash pictures

Since I typed a relatively long post over the weekend, I am just going to provide some pictures of my car after the accident (that I posted about over the weekend). Looking at these pictures, the car does not actually look that bad. It was a little sickening to see right after it happened, though, so I have probably talked up the damage a bit more than necessary.

The first picture illustrates that the damage is not obvious from all angles. The other two pictures are where I got hit and where I struck the person in front of me.



I took the car in today to have it looked at and I was told that it would take a couple of weeks until all of the parts are in. I will keep the car until then. That is great, but since I don't fully trust the car at the moment, I am still driving Golden's car.

6 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

That is no fun. Were you able to go to class after the accident or did you call it the night?

Achtung BB said...

Doesn't look that bad. I remember when my Civic was hit, it wasn't very drivable.

GoldenSunrise said...

I am glad that you weren't hurt. And that it wasn't your fault.

Portland wawa said...

I wouldn't drive the car either. It could be really messed up in the engine, judging by the pictures. Did you actually drive that home the night of the accident?

shakedust said...

Yeah, the police officer who took our information and filed the report sent us home. The car itself does appear to be running fine and I have not seen any liquid leaking out. I don't know how good of an assurance that is, though.

T said...

I'd be leary of driving it until it's fixed too. What a bummer--2 weeks for parts! It is the year 2008, is it not? How archaic.