Monday, February 04, 2008

fork vs spoon

I have been busy on non-blog stuff this weekend, so I don't have too much to say. I just have a question about how you eat your food.

Over the past few years I have noticed that Golden and I frequently pick different utensils to eat certain things. For example, she uses a fork for ramen and I use a spoon. I know there are other differences, but I cannot think of them right now.

A lot of the foods where there may be debate over the proper utensil can be eaten with a spork as well. I question who would actually want to do this, though. There are few things more annoying than trying to use the tines on a KFC spork. Either just using a spoon or a fork is usually a better option.

My question is what utensil do you use to eat the following foods if you do actually eat them?
  1. Ramen
  2. Beef Stew
  3. Cole Slaw
  4. Mashed Potatoes
  5. Chocolate Mousse
  6. Grapefruit
  7. Ravioli
  8. Corn (or peas or similar vegetables)
  9. Jello Fruit Mold
  10. Macaroni and Cheese

6 comments:

shakedust said...

For me it's the following:

1. Ramen - Spoon
2. Beef Stew - Fork
3. Cole Slaw - Either
4. Mashed Potatoes - Spoon
5. Chocolate Mousse - Spoon
6. Grapefruit - Spoon
7. Ravioli - Fork
8. Corn (or peas or similar vegetables) - Sp0on
9. Jello Fruit Mold - Fork
10. Macaroni and Cheese - Fork

Achtung BB said...

I would use the spork all the time if we had one.

GoldenSunrise said...

I use a fork for Ramen, spoon for beef stew, I don't eat cole slaw, Spoon for mashed potatoes, spoon for mousse, either for grapefruit, fork for ravioli, spoon for corn, spoon for jello, spoon or fork for mac & cheese.

Portland wawa said...

1. Ramen= fork
2. Beef Stew= fork
3. Cole Slaw= fork
4. Mashed Potatoes= fork
5. Chocolate Mousse= spoon
6. Grapefruit= spoon
7. Ravioli= fork
8. Corn (or peas)= spoon
9. Jello Fruit Mold= spoon
10. Macaroni and Cheese = fork

So I use a fork more than a spoon.

f o r r e s t said...

Do they still make sporks? I haven't seen one of those forever.

Anonymous said...

1. Ramen - Fork
2. Beef Stew - Spoon
3. Cole Slaw - Either
4. Mashed Potatoes - Fork
5. Chocolate Mousse - Spoon
6. Grapefruit - Blech, neither
7. Ravioli - Fork
8. Corn (or peas or similar vegetables) - Either
9. Jello Fruit Mold - Spoon
10. Macaroni and Cheese - Spoon