Thursday, January 31, 2008

by the seat of my pants

Tuesday night I had a few errands to run on my way to Homer's. The first place I stopped was the post office. When I got back into the car I noticed a strange sound. I felt the car seat thinking that maybe I sat in something. Nothing.

I stopped by the gas station and contemplated on how cold it was. The weather seemed to cut right through me.

I went to Home Depot and returned some materials that did not fit in our bathroom. I also headed to the plumbing section to pick up the last couple of things necessary to get our sink into working order.

As I bent down to look for a specific part that I need I noticed the same noise I heard in the car. This time it was more distinct so there was no doubt what it was. I had torn the seat of my pants. Later, I would confirm a seven inch tear along my rear left pocket.

I wonder what the people who saw me before I realized what had happened thought. Did the guy filling his mini-van at the gas station get a laugh out of me shivering with a tear in my pants? Did the people in the aisle at Home Depot with me hear the tear? Did I look suspicious because of how quickly I left the store? So many questions, so few answers.

4 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

I doubt anyone noticed and if they did they probably didn't think twice about it. I have seen people wear jeans with big rips in the buttock area before (on purpose.)

I would be concerned why your bunns are ripping your jeans.

Achtung BB said...

It's a shame Nelson Munts is not around to give his "Ha-Ha".

GoldenSunrise said...

Some people do wear ripped jeans and it probably just looked like you had a patch.

Portland wawa said...

I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago. I went grocery shopping and to a couple of other places before I asked BB and he said, yep, big hole in my pants.