Thursday, February 28, 2008

bathroom solitude

I prefer that when I visit the bathroom that the fewest possible people are there. I can deal with other people in the bathroom, but solitude is the ideal.

Since my office is on the path that most of the people at my work have to take to get to the bathroom, this provides me a distinct advantage in choosing when to take a break. While this is generally a positive, I have noticed that people walk by my office a lot. More than once I have stood up to visit the facilities, and in that split second someone strolled by my door in the same direction that I want to go. When this happens I usually decide to hold it a little while longer.

Also, some of the people in the office do not have to walk by where I sit to get to the restroom, so if I figure out that more than one person is already in the bathroom or headed to the bathroom before I get there, I typically turn around and come back later.

I know this is a little quirky, but it is how I operate.

8 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

I don't think it's quirky. I thought this post was going to be about your home bathroom solitude, or the lack thereof. : )

Achtung BB said...

Generally I prefer solitude, but since I drive around all day, I have to take what I can get.

T said...

solitude is good.

roamingwriter said...

I was imaging the whole family in there. I believe in solitude at home and at the office as much as possible. Some things just don't need to be shared! I always like it when a bathroom is a "single hole."

f o r r e s t said...

Are you talking about when you need to go poop?

...or do you like to pee in isolation also?

Dash said...

Our office has motion sensors in the bathrooms that control the lights. It always a good thing to walk into a dark (and therefore empty) bathroom.

then again, if I play yachtzee long enough - the lights might go out ......

shakedust said...

A few clarifying comments.

First, I try to have solitude in the house but that's a losing effort.

Second, there are reasons to not like a crowded bathroom both when needing to go number one or number two.

Third, I need to get a portable electronic game.

f o r r e s t said...

I thought you like to put on a show.

**thunderous applause**