Wednesday, February 06, 2008

dressed for success

One of the things that I appreciate the most about my job is that the environment is casual. I get to wear jeans and t-shirts every day.

On Monday I found out that a couple of senior executives in my company would be visiting my office to meet with my group specifically. So, I made the decision to get kind of dressed up. I wore black jeans, a button-up shirt that I tucked in, and I did not wear tennis shoes. This is more casual than the typical office worker, but it made me the most formally dressed in my office.

After I took some flak for my attire I found out that the executive visit was cancelled. In my mind this can mean only one thing. It had to be a ploy to make me more presentable for an entire day. I'll know better the next time.

4 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

You looked nice. Sorry I told you to wear the black dress shoes. Tennis shoes just didn't look right.

Achtung BB said...

I would just untuck the shirt. That's what I do everyday. Some people say that I have the "just got out of bed look" and I say that's because "I did."

f o r r e s t said...

I dare you next time to wear a tie. That will really throw your coworkers into a tizzy.

Unknown said...

Always trust the wife on the shoes.

There's a picture out there of me wearing a suit to work. That's how rare that occasion is.