Monday, February 25, 2008

special day

Tomorrow is Golden's birthday. Last year I had a class scheduled on her birthday. That was unintentional and unfortunate. This year, I did not schedule any classes that would require me to be gone on her birthday. This has not caused things to happen that can distract from her special day.

Sunday morning I went to the emergency room for sharp pains in my stomach. This is related to the problem I was experiencing a few weeks ago, but the numbers of foods that sets me off has increased since then. They think I have a problem with my gall bladder, so I need to get that tested. This, along with dealing with my car and schoolwork, all threatens our ability to properly celebrate Golden's birthday.

As I was sitting in the hospital room in a hospital gown I contemplated how fortunate I was to have Golden. She did not complain or question the wisdom of going to the emergency room and she kept me company while we were there. We both got laughs at the same things yesterday, like trying to figure out why the doctor had to ask me whether I had a family history of ovarian cysts and how there is no such thing as maintaining your modesty when you are a hospital patient.

Golden, I do hope that you have a happy birthday. I love you!

7 comments:

Achtung BB said...

Bummer about you stomach. I hope they find out what's wrong with it soon. It took us a long time to find out what was wrong with Wah-Wah's stomach.

f o r r e s t said...

Sorry to hear about your stomach, I hope they get it all straightened out.

Your lucky Golden was understanding of you having to go to the emergency room, because I don't think many people would tolerate that.

GoldenSunrise said...

"In sickness and in health" That's what I agreed to.

shakedust said...

Forrest, everyone would have to put up with it, but not everyone would have to be as supportive as she was. :)

Dash said...

I dunnoooo ...... If T can drive herself, she's on her own.

just kidding hon.

(I have to use up some of those valentines points for something).

Hope ya get to feeling better Dust.

Portland wawa said...

I hope your stomach feels better soon and that it is not an ongoing thing, but something they can fix.

I made BB take me to the emergency room a few years back in the middle of the night for a severe ear infection. That was fine!
Happy Birthday Golden!

T said...

I feel your pain! :) Especially if it's gallbladder. That is not fun.

btw, dash says he's kidding, but he's not, but that's okay, he didn't say in sickness and in health. :)