Monday, February 18, 2008

february

I always kind of joked that I was asking for trouble in marrying someone who was born in February. I need to make sure to remember two important days in such a short month. All that really was joking, though, because Golden is not difficult to please.

I have had other reasons to not like the month. I am always impatient for Spring while it is February because it is cold and because it is gray. There are few good movies that come out in February, and even before NJ it was always difficult to find something fun and different to do in this month. Did I mention it is cold and gray?

The last few years, though, I have really disliked the month of February. Since I went back to school I seem to have had the most schoolwork assigned in February of any month. I know this because I have not truly dreaded any month other than February. Every other month has felt manageable, even when I was busy. Getting through February, though, has simply been a matter of survival.

This year is not much different. I am ecstatic that the month is more than half over. I can't wait for March. My life begins again in March.

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I remember Feb was pretty bleak in the midwest. We've actually had a lot of sun out here.

f o r r e s t said...

To make matters worse for you, this year you get one extra day of February.

February is a confused month. It wants to be both winter and spring. We have two days of sunny 60 degree weather and then we have two days of snow and back and forth.

Portland wawa said...

Sorry school is so bad. That stinks. BB said the weather is good here, and it has warmed up considerably. But the sun we have had for the last 3 days will not last. It is a nice breather. And it does feel like spring.

Unknown said...

Random Link of the day:
http://www.cheaphack.net/2008/01/turing-alarm-clock.html

I'd like to see how many tries it would take you to turn it off. :) Of course, it still wouldn't be able to wake you up, so I guess it's a moot point.

GoldenSunrise said...

I love February! I'm sorry it is rough for you.