Tuesday, October 09, 2007

well plate

Two-and-a-half years ago Golden and I welcomed a new member into our family. No, this was before NJ. About that long ago I got my car at Carmax.

Ever since purchasing the car, any time I walk around the front of the car I get a little irritated that I am a driving billboard for Carmax, as the front license plate holder contains a brightly colored cardboard Carmax plate. The problem is that I don't have anything good to replace it with.

There is not much I care about enough to advertise it on my car but care little enough about that I don't mind people associating that thing with my bad driving. As an example, I had a Jesus fish on my last car, but I regretted putting it on many times due to minor imperfections in my driving habits. I would rather people generically curse out Ford drivers than curse out God when I cut them off.

I considered sports team license plates, but I am still debating if that is how I would want my car to be identified. I have considered getting a fake vanity plate made as well, but for the money I would want it to have some meaning. I have not thought of a good vanity message that meets all of the specifications of what I am looking for just yet. So, until I make up my mind, I'll just have to continue to advertise for Carmax.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I suppose putting nothing at all there isn't an option? I'm personally looking forward to doing that once I've registered in Alabama.

Portland wawa said...

I hated my carmax plate. I didn't replace it with anything though, until I moved here and had to have two plates. I can relate to not wanting some Christian logo on my car. I am kind of ruthless as a driver sometimes when I am cranky stuck in congested traffic. I guess I should work on that

Achtung BB said...

Might I suggest a "ASSMAN" plate. It worked for Kramer.

f o r r e s t said...

You still have it on? Why not take it off? That is a very easy option. You know you don't have to have anything there.

GoldenSunrise said...

Put "take off carmax sign" on your to do list. You should have the time to take care of it now that classes are done.