Monday, October 22, 2007

farewell, old friend

I have always likely reclining around the living room with a blanket. Around the house, I am a lot like Linus from the Peanuts. I actually also use this blanket in bed as well. I should probably be a little embarrassed about my blanket, but I am not.

The blanket that I have used for the last seven years is a light quilt that my grandmother gave us for our wedding. It got a lot of use over the last seven years and it shows it. There are uncountable tears in the blanket and it is threadbare from use. Golden has been annoyed about me using such a worn out blanket as of late and has been letting me know that we need to throw it out. I finally relented and started breaking in a replacement blanket last night.

The new blanket may have a hard time performing up to the old standard, because the old blanket set the bar high. It won't really matter whether the new blanket is up to snuff, though, because by the time I issue a final ruling the old one will be long gone.

5 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

I don't think that we got that blanket for our wedding. It was probably around that time though. It was supposed to be our comforter for the bed. That blanket was a safety hazard. : )

Portland wawa said...

That reminds me of Woogy's Thomas the train blankie, it's really worn out. Did NJ ever take to his thomas blankie?

Achtung BB said...

That's cute. I never had a special attachment to a blanket.

GoldenSunrise said...

NJ pushes the blanket off of him. He doesn't sleep with a blanket, but he likes to put it over his head and walk around.

T said...

Dash has a "blanky" from his gma too! It's a quilt she made for his mom.

:)