Wednesday, October 03, 2007

thud

Since our office was redesigned this summer, I have had a rude awakening just about every time I try to go through the door from our office to the main hallway. The door is very sensitive and it must be opened in a very deliberate motion. If I push on the door wrong when I am trying to open it the door sticks and there is a distinguishable thud as I run shoulder or face first into the door.

I used to get real frustrated at this, but now I just act irritated. My office is near this door, so my minor frustration is more than offset by the entertainment I get from the sound of other people running face first into the door. At least one person decided that kicking the door in retaliation was a good idea.

I believe that someone actually tried to address this, but apparently WD-40 is not strong enough to keep the door from sticking. For now, I'll just have to deal with getting an occasional chuckle every time I hear a thud.

3 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I hate doors like that

GoldenSunrise said...

Reminds me of the joke: a boy going into the school of geniuses is pushing on the door when the sign says pull.

f o r r e s t said...

I would be laughing out loud at others folly, too.