Saturday, October 13, 2007

the week in review

Golden already mentioned that my sister visited this week. I'll just add that it was nice having her visit, but that I wish I would have had a little more freedom in my schedule. She will stop by for a few hours on Sunday as well, so that should be enjoyable.

NJ came down with a cold on Monday. Golden and I both started showing symptoms Wednesday morning. I really wish there was a good way to keep from getting what NJ gets without avoiding him completely. It is starting to look like we will be getting every bug that hampers kids his age for the next few years.

I completed the two classes I am taking this semester on Monday and Tuesday. I had a harder time committing to this semester than usual, partially because I knew I would have a three-month break after the classes were complete and partially because I did not feel like the summer ended yet.

We trimmed NJ's hair again tonight. That is not really noteworthy other than to say that he did significantly worse this time than last time. He was completely inconsolable for probably fifteen minutes after the haircut was complete. I think the trimmers startled him. I know he didn't trust me for a half hour to an hour after I gave him the cut.

I think that is it. I'll get back to enjoying my first weekend without homework again.

2 comments:

T said...

Hope you enjoy your weekend! :)

Achtung BB said...

I also had a cold on Weds. Wonder if it was the same? Both of our kids have been like that during hair cuts. It's no fun.