Monday, April 25, 2005

white water rafting, barn swinging, and stratego

I found out yesterday how boring I am. Our young adult group had a planning meeting for scheduling out the rest of the year. I used to think that I was an exciting person, but now I would settle for quirky.

A lot of the ideas that were thrown around involve travel and/or expense. A few that come to mind are a white water rafting trip, a trip to the St. Louis Zoo and Arch, and barn swinging in Springfield. Not that these sound like bad ideas at all, but when your idea of an exciting night is a Sci Fi and a rousing game of Stratego (okay, so I have never been exciting), the involvement that these activities would require is a bit much. I will just need to pick and choose what I want to do.

Unfortunately I am not by any means the oldest or youngest in the group, so I can't blame age. I can only point to my extreme introvertedness as the cause of my lack of excitement. Well, that and the fact that I don't like to just give away weekend and vacation days willy nilly. Maybe if I work hard enough I can get someone to stay in the van with me and play a board game. Colonel beats spy.

3 comments:

Jadee said...

I vote for the trip to St. Louis!!! I would be glad to take ya'll around and see the sights...yes, you can still go to the zoo if you heart is set on it! LOL!

Dash said...

Not to be a stickler .. but every piece beats the spy. Only the spy however, can beat the Marshall.

f o r r e s t said...

I wouldn't worry about it! I wasn't even able to make it to the picnic/meeting. How lame am I?