Tuesday, April 26, 2005

real men have curves

As I have said before, I like comfortable pants. This usually should imply that I like jeans. I do like jeans that fit, but therein lies the rub. Literally. Most jeans do not fit me, even when the waist and inseam measurements are correct.

Why, you may ask, do jeans not usually fit me? It is because male jeans models must have no butts. As I slip, or rather squeeze, into the typical 32/32 or 32/34 pair, the waist is just a little loose and most everything else is quite snug--a little too snug.

I have been able to find some jeans that fit. I avoid Levi's like the plague, but some Arizona jeans fit. Dungarees tend to be good too, but I fear that they are a fad that will someday go away.

Most of my jeans are very comfortable because I have been picky about what I buy. I do have one pair of jeans, though, that for the entire time I have had them they have not been quite right. When I originally got them they weren't loose by any means, but they were only a little tight. I had to get them because they actually did fit my plus sized butt right at the time. That was ten or fifteen pounds ago. I still haven't totally grown out of them, but (no pun intended) I tend to be a little uncomfortable on the days I wear them. I am looking forward to the day I can get rid of them. I don't care how cool they look.

4 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Did you scare everyone away by this blog? Was it a little too much info.? Sorry I encouraged you on writing about it. You can blame it on me and how I seem to have no shame when I write blogs!

T said...

what's left to say after all that? Some blogs say it all!

f o r r e s t said...

Dust,
I am not sure that I have your butt problem. My problem is (having been a soccer player) I have developed larger thighs, so if I get something that fit my waist; it may be to tight in the leg. Sometime I have to go a size larger for it to be looser in the thighs, but then I am swimming in the waist. This mostly happens with work pants, sometimes jeans.

Jeans are a living organism. After you pull them out of the wash the may be to small to tight, but give your butt a good week in them and the jeans will be loose.

My favorite jeans now are from Gap called the relaxed boot cut. They fit me great in the waist. They ride a lower on the waist, looser in the thigh and are boot cut at the bottom. You should try them out, maybe they'll fit your butt.

probably TMI.

windarkwingod said...

I like jeans with straps over shoulders to hold my belly.