Monday, April 16, 2007

season finales

There are a lot of reasons that I love this time of year, but perhaps among the most surprising is that it signals the end of the television season. This Sunday is the last Apprentice episode of the season. I think the last Amazing Race episode is this Sunday as well, though I may be off by a week. The Office will be concluding for the season in early May. I think the last of my shows to conclude is Survivor or Lost some time in the middle or end of May.

While I enjoy my shows when they are on, there is something nice about not feeling like I have to keep up. This is especially the case now that most of my shows have a chronology that must be followed. It is much easier to miss an episode in a disjointed sitcom than an episode of show with a continuing storyline. I have purposely avoided some shows with a continual storyline because I already have enough of them.

In the summer I watch more movies and cable and I play more video games than during the rest of the year largely because I am not tied to as many TV shows in the summer. I wouldn't like it if this is the way it always was, but I like the freedom the off season provides me, if only for a few months. This way I am properly rested for and can look forward to the season premieres in September.

3 comments:

T said...

The only problem is, most of the premieres are in October now, so we have more and more time on our hands! :) Actually, I like the fact that some shows (Monk and Psych) are on during the off season. That way I can enjoy having a couple new things to watch while waiting for the other stuff to come back.

Achtung BB said...

You can now catch up with some more recent "King of the Hill"

GoldenSunrise said...

I didn't know it was possible for you to watch MORE movies. You do a good job during the primetime tv season. : )