Wednesday, April 25, 2007

gray shirts

Most people who know me well know I like being casual. Few things are more enjoyable than kicking back in jeans and a cotton t-shirt. One thing that I have noticed, though, is that I am somehow drawn specifically to gray t-shirts.

It could be that I just like the color gray. When mixed with a black, especially, gray can be very appealing. It could also be that I don't have to worry about gray clashing with most things. Another possibility is that I psychologically associate gray t-shirts as the most comfortable because I have had a lot of comfy cotton tees that were gray.

At any given time I have one or two t-shirts that I will more often than not grab on a Saturday to wear around the house when I don't have anything important to do. The majority of these have been gray (though a few blue and orange ones have been in the mix).

At some inevitable point I determine that either the shirt is too threadworn or the shirt has shrunk too much to be very comfortable and I move to a new favorite gray shirt. So, I buy a shirt one size larger and the circle of life starts anew.

2 comments:

Achtung BB said...

Could it be you like gray because you are colorblind? I like lying around in my $30+ concert T-shirts. Nothing beats the feel of a comfy $30 T-shirt. You got to get your money's worth.

GoldenSunrise said...

I should buy you more grey or gray sp? t-shirts.