Monday, April 23, 2007

buyer's remorse

Last week I found out that KU is changing it's business program to reduce four credits from the MBA requirements for new students (not me). A few previously optional classes are now required classes as well, so the real decrease is in the number of elective credits required. I knew what I was signing on for when I agreed to take classes and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to wait until now to start classes, but it is a little irritating that I will have to spend time and money on four more credits than other people who will be getting the same exact degree.

It is very seldom that I buy something and don't have buyer's remorse for one reason or another. Even when I need the object I am buying, I always have a little tinge of guilt regarding committing resources to something that may not be perfect for my situation. This is part of why I am a penny pincher. The benefit I get out of what I am buying has to outweigh my expected buyer's remorse.

In this case, I know now as I knew a couple of years ago that going through this program is the right decision. That doesn't mean I can't question the way things work every once in a while.

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I agree with you that the need of the item needs to out weight the expected buyers remorse. I sometimes get remorse too. Seems like Blogger partcipation is low again. Where is everyone?

roamingwriter said...

I get serious buyers remorse. I love your description of worrying if it's not perfect for my situation. Or a big one for me - what if it is cheaper somewhere else? Totally hear you on the degree thing!

GoldenSunrise said...

It's a good thing your employer reimburses a percentage of the cost. So, it's only a co-buyer's remorse. : )

T said...

I have found that the longer I wait for something the less remorse I have on it. Even when better deals come along. Just think you will be that much smarter then the poor smucks that come after you who won't get those credits. I feel sorry for them! ;)

Unknown said...

At least they aren't teaching everything in Pascal, I hope.