Monday, April 09, 2007

it's all about the boy

My sister visited this weekend. I felt pretty important when she originally made the plans, so I offered to see if I could get someone to babysit NJ for the weekend. I no longer feel as important as NJ appears to be a higher priority than his dad any more.

The plan is for her to visit us first, which she has done, then visit other family and friends in the general area before flying out on Tuesday. In order for her to keep this schedule she needed to rent a car, so she reserved a car at Enterprise to be picked up on Saturday before noon when they closed.

Very late Saturday morning everyone was kind of slowly moving around when I was sent to pick up lunch. As I stepped to my car I vaguely recalled that we had something we had to do that morning. The long and short of it is that I dropped her off at Enterprise as 11:59AM, literally one minute before closing time.

It's always nice to see family, but at this point we all know that the purpose of every visit is for NJ. He's going to get a big head.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

That sounds familiar. It happens in my family.

T said...

uh yeah...it happens to all of us! I always tease my mom and dad that I shouldn't bother even showing up! :)

GoldenSunrise said...

NJ is one spoiled boy! It was nice to have auntie for a visit.

Anonymous said...

I had a great time (though the car thing was nerve-wracking)! NJ gets cuter every time I see him. It makes me wish I lived closer!