Tuesday, April 17, 2007

office

Since I have been in college I have always used Office 97. This is mostly because I didn't want to have to spend the money on a new version of Office, but it was also because the old version worked fine. Word 97 is not really any different from my perspective than Word 2000 or Word 2003, so why pay money for the newer versions? I have been getting a little frustrated about little things in that old version of Office that are different from the newer versions, though, so when I rebuilt our PC I decided to replace Office as well since I can get a sizable student discount.

I keep hearing people talk about how different this version of Office is, but so far it is very similar functionally to previous versions. It has a very different look and feel, though, and it will require some learning curve until I figure out where everything is. There are a lot of little cool things, like the beveling option to frame pictures (like the one in this post).

One new functionality that I am testing with this post is the ability to post a Word document to a blog. When I was looking through the different options in the menus, I came across a blog publishing option. If this goes well, maybe I'll do this again.

1 comment:

roamingwriter said...

Guess no one was impressed but me! No comments. But I have an older version of Office, 2001 I think. I like the bevel, so maybe I need to think about updating. Sigh. No student discount anymore.