Thursday, June 01, 2006

i've got sole

On Memorial Day Golden was planning to go shopping. I figured that was fine. I would sleep in and she would go shopping. Since J.C. Penny had a sale on shoes she recommended that I come along, though, to pick up a couple of pair. I haven't gotten tennis shoes in a year and a half and anything resembling a casual dressy shoe in six years.

It used to be that I liked new shoes for the look but hated them for the feel. I would want to show off the shoes around friends, but I often got blisters along the heel until the shoes were worn to fit me.

Now I like new shoes for the feel and don't always care for the look. This is especially the case with new white shoes. People are asking me about the new shoes for the next week until I can succeed in getting a little dirt on them. The pairs I got this time around aren't quite as obvious as some of my past shoes, but they still look new.

Far as feel, the new tennis shoes that I have been wearing were real comfortable from the start. No need to wear them in. The only problem is that the soles are a little thicker than my previous shoes, so I have had to adjust my car seat because the gas pedal felt a little weird. Other than that, everything is great.

What I love most about buying new shoes, though, is that I won't have to go shoe shopping for a while now. Maybe I can stretch it to two years this time.

4 comments:

Laclos said...

interesting :-)

GoldenSunrise said...

I think it's funny that you had to adjust the car seat for your new shoes. : )

T said...

So you had to adjust your car seat huh?! That will have a whole new meaning to you in a year! :)

Glad you found shoes you like well enough to keep them for a while!

f o r r e s t said...

I love shopping for shoes.