Thursday, June 22, 2006

the whole tooth

I visited the dentist last Friday for the first time in three years. While things were mostly in order, two cavities were discovered that I will have to have filled tomorrow.

A lot of people dislike going to the dentist. I don't really mind. I dealt with four years of braces, about ten pulled teeth, and a root canal, so there isn't much left that a dentist can do that would bother me. What does bother me is that a lot of dentists are kind of aggressive about getting the teeth perfect. I don't want to have to visit the dentist three times a year just to get my teeth cleaned.

Golden and I are going to a new dentist that is closer to our house than our last dentist. I think I like this guy more because he is not real aggressive in recommending that work be done. Our last dentist pushed a lot of work through, but this new dentist seemed a bit more laid back. I haven't experienced this dentist in action yet, though. I think I'll know how I feel about him tomorrow.

6 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

3 times a year would be too much. 2 is just fine for me.

GoldenSunrise said...

I had my appt. several months ago. They don't do X-rays on pregnant women. I just got my teeth cleaned and they said everything looked ok.

Don't forget to keep flossing at work.

windarkwingod said...

One time I wanted to go for a gold cap on a tooth that needed capping. Roamer thought better of it. Glad she did.

roamingwriter said...

I like my old family dentist. I had one cavity in my whole life until I had to change insurance plans. In the space of a couple years, and a couple different dentists, I had 3 more fillings. Funny, now that I'm back at my original dentist, he only sees two. He believes in the you shouldn't do anything to your teeth not absolutely necessary philosophy.

Jadee said...

I was very lucky...since I just had my dentist appt a couple of weeks ago. This was only the SECOND time I have been to one in my entire life...and the first time was at age 15.

My teeth look healthy and no cavaties or swollen gums. My mom drilled it into us to brush-brush-brush! (no pun intended)

However, I am still sporting my two top baby canines. The permanent ones are sideways in the gum and are starting to move forward to push into my top front teeth.

This led to an appt with the orthodontist. Where I was informed they will do a surgery to remove the baby teeth and expose the permanent teeth. They will attach a chain/hook to my teeth to start pulling them into place. Which also means I WILL BE WEARING BRACES for a 2-4 years. AAUGH! I am a grown up now...do I really have to do this? =D

shakedust said...

Ugh. Braces as an adult would be a pain!