Thursday, June 29, 2006

the clothing fairy

Every work morning after my shower I find that the clothing fairy has laid out what I am supposed to wear for the day. This is really convenient for me because she makes sure the clothes I wear do not clash too horribly. She also assures that I don't wear the same shirt three days in a row. Thankfully, she allows for the clothes that I like to be placed in the mix.

Interestingly, the clothing fairy has laid out my clothes constantly since around August of 2000. I have often been concerned that Golden may be jealous of the fairy's influence over my life, but to this point she has acted content with the situation. It's good Golden isn't the type to display any jealousy.

The clothing fairy does not tend to work very much on Saturdays, though I think this is so that I appreciate her work on the other days of the week. The process to get ready on Saturdays is noticeably longer.

The fairy has not requested any payment yet in return for her services, but I am genuinely concerned that she is slowly making me more and more helpless to do this myself so that she has the upper hand in future negotiations. Then, she can demand the world from me and probably get it.

I would like to get a glimpse of the clothing fairy some day because I would like to know who it is who has such an influence on my daily appearance. Has anyone ever seen Golden and the fairy in the same room? I ask because I am just a little bit suspicious.

13 comments:

Dash said...

.... snicker ..... chuckle ... guffaw

GoldenSunrise said...

If you think the clothing fairy is making you more helpless, maybe I can talk to her. Should I cut back her hours? I think she will be on maternity leave soon.

f o r r e s t said...

How old are you?

My little boys have a clothing fairy too. -Their mom!...and she even helps them get dressed.

Maybe someday you can show your mom that you too are a big boy now.

...chuckle...chuckle...snicker...

f o r r e s t said...

Sorry for the above comment, but as your friend it is my duty to poke fun over such an admission.

Dash was thinking it.

roamingwriter said...

That's funny. I am not allowed influence in the clothing department for Dar.

windarkwingod said...

Hell NO - I'm the only freakin fairy in THIS HouseHold!!!

roamingwriter said...

See what I mean?

T said...

Well, dash may make fun of dust for his fairy, but dash likes his clothing fairy to bring his clothes home from the store.

When dash has to shop for himself he is very grumpy and it takes 3 times the amount of time that it takes the fairy to shop for him. She does however draw the line at laying out his clothes for him (but he is not color blind either.)

windarkwingod said...

Dash?!?

Dash said...

Alas, 'tis too true. Noone can buy my white sock like my beloved clothes fairy.

f o r r e s t said...

There's gotta be a system to work around this 'so called' color blindness thing.

Surely, you can categorize the clothes by labeling them on the tag. So you know if you pick some pants with an "A" tag then you must find a shirt with an "A" tag. "A's" will not clash, but don't mix an "A" with a "B" - that will clash.

It's the first step to gaining independence and moving out of your parent's basement.

f o r r e s t said...

it's the whole "teach a guy to fish" thing.

Dash said...

But would "A's" and "C's" go together?

And who get's to do the labeling? It would be fun to take a sharpie to his tags and change all the A's the B's

Mwuuuhahahahahaaaaaa

p.s. Superman was cool - I feel strangely compelled to wear 0033CC with 660000 and little bit of CC9900