Saturday, June 24, 2006

my past two days

Thursday:

The manager over our group visited the office for the first time in two years. We visited Copelands, because cajun food was a consensus favorite.

Also, like the last time he came out, we decided to do laser tag. In our first game a team of ten-year-olds kicked our butts. We figured ahead of time that a team of kids would be rough, and this isn't the first time it happened, but I would've preferred to win that game. I attribute that to the fact that my gun was broken. After getting a working gun and switching our team color to one that could be distinguished more clearly, my team took first place twice.

Around 9PM I was still getting ready to go to Homers when BB called to see if anyone would be there that night. Apparently I wasn't the only person running late. BB was the only one there yet. Coffee night was fun, but shorter than usual since I got there kind of late (or latte if I want to play with the pun).

Friday:

I went to the dentist right before lunch time. I scheduled the appointment then because I forgot that I would get a novocaine shot and not be able to eat for a few hours. It was 2PM before I was able to eat lunch and it was 4PM before I could fully feel my lower lip.

The movie for the evening was the second Underworld flick. I liked it except that it ended in a way that I know there is going to be a third movie.

3 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

"Underworld" was a bloody movie but I still liked it. I liked how they recapped from the first movie.

T said...

So you old guys beat the kids? Or did you just start fighting older people so you could feel better about yourselves?! :)

shakedust said...

We beat the kids once. The area we were playing in has a bridge, and the kids were real good at holding the bridge. The second game we did a better job of clearing them out of there. :)

The last game we were mostly playing against other adults. Not as much of a challenge.

Back almost three years ago we went to a different laser tag place and played a bunch of kids who regularly played there. We were so badly beaten I don't know if I ever want to go there again.