Wednesday, June 14, 2006

the one and only

My name, the one I go by at least, is not real common. I think my real name (Andust) is more common than the name I go by. I have actually enjoyed the fact that my name isn't too common as I always know that if I hear my name, I am the person being referenced.

A couple of days ago someone started work in my office with the same name as myself. At this point I am not sure how to respond to that because I don't really know what it is like to have someone else around with the same name. There has been a little confusion in communications getting sent to the wrong person, and I have cracked some jokes about the dual names, but I still don't know if it is good or bad.

If it gets bad, I or him may have to go by something a little different. I am fine with this so long as I get to choose my new title. I'm thinking, "High and Mighty Grand Lord Kingpin." It has a nice ring to it. Of course with my luck my title would be "Assistant to the High and Mighty Grand Lord Kingpin." Maybe I'll just go by Dust.

6 comments:

T said...

You could always go by Dusty or Rob, wasn't that your survivor personality!?

f o r r e s t said...

Obviously, it's time for a job change.

GoldenSunrise said...

Maybe you should go by your legal name-Andust. There are a couple of people at church that call you that.

Achtung BB said...

Andust is pretty cool. You should go that

Achtung BB said...

I meant to say "go with that"

roamingwriter said...

I've only been in a class or working situation with someone with my real name twice. Once I resorted to the name all of you know me by - that was grade school though. I don't think I'd do that at work. The other time was at language school - the coordinator of the school. So I resorted to my legal name + dos. It has a ring.