Saturday, June 03, 2006

street legal

My Kansas driver's license expires at the end of next month so I have to go in and have it renewed some time in the next few weeks. I don't know if this is something new, but I have to take a test for the privilege of renewing the license. I actually understand this because I have seen enough idiots on the road, but the way the test is administered has me wondering whether it is worth the effort.

The test that I received in the mail this past week includes twenty-four questions, none of which are horribly difficult, that I can fill in at my leisure and bring to the DMV with me when I renew. I understand that the point isn't to eliminate licenses but to encourage people to become better acquainted with Kansas traffic laws. Still, the way this is structured feels more like busy work than a process to force knowledge of the rules of the road.

For all my talk I just know I will fill the form out wrong and be marked as failing the test. If you see Golden driving me around town you can assume that happened.

2 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

The answers are in the book...and remember driving is a privalige not a right.

Jadee said...

Too funny! If that really did happen, at least we know Golden is so very well-prepared for the baby...that we KNOW she WON'T be driving around with the baby in her lap! :P