Wednesday, May 03, 2006

survey says

Golden and I like taking surveys and giving our opinions about things. I'm not sure what the entire motivation is, but I think for me it comes from the idea that my answers may have a measurable affect on a company's marketing analysis. I almost always take the time to answer a genuine survey. One exception to this, though, was when I was mailed a survey about the regularity of my bowel movements for a biology study at school. I kind of felt bad about not sending it in, but I felt a little uncomfortable filling it out.

Golden regularly fills out surveys online and every once in a while gets a gift certificate in the mail for all her work. A couple of days ago she told me that we would probably get a tape in the mail for a video then I would need to fill out an online survey (because the survey was for a twenty-six year old male). Last night around 6:30 UPS delivered the tape.

The video was for a show called "Primary." The premise was that there were two hostage negotiators who were in a relationship and this caused tension during their hostage negotiations. It was enjoyable enough that I would watch it, but not that I would go out of my way to watch it. After the tape, I had to fill out a thirty-question multiple choice survey about my opinions of the show, and it was all done. It was fun enough, but next time I hope they send a sitcom.

6 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

I thought the tape was going to be a 30 minute sitcom. Instead, it was an hour drama. I think the show would be better as a movie rather than a tv series.

f o r r e s t said...

I suprised in the 21st century that they sent you a tape and not a dvd.

I too love to fill out surveys.

Dash said...

I need to get in on this survey distribution. I love critiquing new shows ... I always give an estimated length of time that I expect the show to last.

I've got a pretty good percentage with dramas - but the lousy sitcoms I say will end quickly seem to last entire seasons.

T said...

dash..didn't you think "love monkey" would last?!

windarkwingod said...

Bowel movement surveys HA! In our special "missionary meds" drawer their is a Naproxem Sodium bottle and a "stool softener" bottle for those "special needs" moments in the foreign service. They look similar. Many times my aches and pains from the chicken farm do not go away at night... but boy I seem to poop quite nicely in the manana!

Dash said...

T .. love monkey was just a long sitcom