Monday, May 08, 2006

impending doom

I am nervous.

During one of our childbirth classes the teacher pointed out that new mothers should not do anything that might be strenuous for several weeks after childbirth such as cook, clean, climb stairs, etc. This obviously creates a sensitive situation for me.

I have been living in a kind of dream world. Golden takes care of my meals and clothes and the vast majority of household cleaning. While we sometimes disagree on some of the specifics of how things should be organized or cleaned, there is little doubt that Golden does most of the work.

Come the middle of July this means that I will be cooking, cleaning, buying groceries, doing laundry, and a lot of other things that I'm not really comfortable with. How am I supposed to react to this? Golden thinks that my concerns are an indication that I need some practice before the big event, but I am not sure this is an acceptable solution. I think Papa John's and a maid service are much more palatable solutions. At least then I can fool myself into thinking that things are the way they have always been.

6 comments:

Dash said...

I'll bring the paperwork for the Royal Ranger's Bachelor Merit on Thursday.

Did you need a little vest for your patches too?

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! *tries to compose herself* Sorry. *stifles snicker* :oD Oh to see you cook and do laundry.

And mom gets on MY case for not knowing how to cook. At least I've been able to survive the past two years on my own.

Poor Golden . . . there are a some rough weeks in her future, I think. ;o) I do hope she can recover the house when your term of duty is over.

GoldenSunrise said...

I told Dust that I would write out the grocery list for him and plan the meals. I just need him for physical labor. : )

f o r r e s t said...

Dust, don't believe a word of that stuff, unless surgery is involved. She'll be tended on hand and foot at the hospital and I bet by the time she gets home she'll be anxious to do some vacumming and a pot roast.

Think of your strengths and offer that has help to Golden. She can maintain her daily chores in exchange that she gets to sleep at 10pm and you stay up late with the baby watching movies. It's a win-win.

Anonymous said...

Drink the Kool-Aid Dust. Look on the bright side as you are baking the quiche, no husband was ever shot while washing the dishes.

Stephanie said...

Church people usually bring food for a week or two. After that, you'll forget about the classes and golden will be on her own again... :)