Thursday, May 11, 2006

29.67% of everywhere

I was listening to the song "I've Been Everywhere" the other day and I determined I would try to figure out what percentage of "everywhere" I've been. Twenty-seven out of ninety-one is 29.67%. Of course, it appears that "everywhere" is generally in North America. Have the rest of you been to much of everywhere?

Reno - Nope
Chicago - Yep
Fargo - Nope
Minnesota - Yep
Buffalo - Yep
Toronto - Nope
Winslow - Yep
Sarasota - Nope
Wichita - Yep
Tulsa - Yep
Ottawa - Nope
Oklahoma - Yep
Tampa - Nope
Panama - Nope
Mattua - Nope
LaPaloma - Nope
Bangor - Nope
Baltimore - Yep
Salvador - Nope
Amarillo - Yep
Tocapillo - Nope
Barranquilla - Nope
Amperdillo - Nope
Boston - Nope
Charleston - Nope
Dayton - Nope
Louisiana - Nope
Washington - Yep
Houston - Nope
Kingston - Nope
Texarkana - Nope
Monterey - Nope
Fairaday - Nope
Santa Fe - Yep
Tollaperson - Nope
Glen Rock - Nope
Black Rock - Nope
Little Rock - Nope
Oskaloussa - Nope
Tennessee - Yep
Tinnesay - Nope
Chickapee - Nope
Spirit Lake - Nope
Grand Lake - Nope
Devil's Lake - Nope
Crater Lake - Nope
Louisville - Yep
Nashville - Nope
Knoxville - Nope
Omerback - Nope
Shereville - Nope
Jacksonville - Nope
Waterville - Yep
Costa Rock - Yep
Richfield - Yep
Springfield - Yep
Bakersfield - Nope
Shreveport - Nope
Hakensack - Nope
Cadallic - Nope
Fond du Lac - Yep
Davenport - Nope
Idaho - Yep
Jellico - Nope
Argentina - Nope
Diamondtina - Nope
Pasadena - Nope
Catalina - Nope
Pittsburgh - Yep
Parkersburg - Nope
Gravelburg - Nope
Colorado - Yep
Ellisburg - Nope
Rexburg - Nope
Vicksburg - Nope
Eldorado - Nope
Larimore - Nope
Adimore - Nope
Habastock - Nope
Chadanocka - Nope
Shasta - Nope
Nebraska - Yep
Alaska - Nope
Opalacka - Nope
Baraboo - Nope
Waterloo - Nope
Kalamazoo - Yep
Kansas City - Yep
Souix City - Yep
Cedar City - Yep
Dodge City - Yep

12 comments:

Jadee said...

What criteria did you use to pull your sample list on here?

shakedust said...

The list itself is from the link. It may not be completely accurate to the song, but I think it is close.

If I have been to a town, county, or state with the name listed, I count it as being there. For example, I have never been to the largest Springfield (MA), but I have been to at least two others (MO and IL), I say I've been there.

Smaller things like park or street names don't count, so just because I may have driven down an Argentina Blvd doesn't mean that I can say I've been to Argentina.

Also, as an addendum, someone pointed out to me that there is a Ottawa on the road from KC to Witchita, so I guess I've been to one of those as well.

GoldenSunrise said...

I have been to 13 places on the list.

We have been on a Johnny Cash kick lately. : )

Jadee said...

That is cool! I read this at work and didn't have time to click over to the link!

When we took our first vacation from Alaska...we were gone for 6 weeks. Later, we told our friends that we went to Paris....because we did! Paris, Arkansas =D

T said...

0.241758242

I bet if I got my atlas out I could come up with more then that, but off the top of my head...I've made it to almost 25% of everywhere!

windarkwingod said...

29 - TGforTalkRadio

f o r r e s t said...

i'd have to look at a map and remember all those old road trips we took when I was little. A lot of those cities are little towns with a good county western bar or something.

shakedust said...

Augh... I just realized that I've been to Dayton as well. I was thinking it said "Daytona."

Dash said...

32.61% .. and my waterloo was in Nebraska.

Doc said...

I've been to 43.9% of everywhere...

Stephanie said...

No South Dakota on the list. I'm truly from the middle of nowhere!

We go to Paris OK or Texas, it's on the border. Does that count?

shakedust said...

Yep, it counts. :)