Thursday, March 09, 2006

what a jam

Last night I finished off the last jelly in the fridge. There was only a little in the jar and so it took some effort to empty the jar. Very little makes me more happy to have completed a jar of something sticky. When the jar is mostly empty, my knife handle gets sticky because I have to reach further into the jar. Due to my OCD I am not a fan of getting sticky, so I like to get those jars out of the way.

I can't just throw away a jar of anything that hasn't spoiled yet, in part because I am a completer. I sometimes feel responsible to finish certain things off because Golden doesn't like to eat the last of anything. In our house I tend to be the one who eats the last of almost everything. That means I have gotten multiple opportunities to finish off a jar of whatever is almost empty in the fridge. Sometimes that is good. Sometimes it is just sticky.

7 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

Congrats!

...but you do need to get a hold of yourself before this gets worse. We don't want you snooping around in neighbor's fridges finishing off their jelley.

GoldenSunrise said...

I didn't notice you finished the jelly. You must have put the empty jar in the trash.

(Dust tends to leave empty jars and containers on the kitchen counter or table.) That drives me crazy.

shakedust said...

There's an outside possibility I put the jar back in the fridge. I might have put it in the trash, though.

Dash said...

New Parent Tip # 27: Spend the extra $0.35 to get the squeezable jelly. It dramaticlly lowers the number of potantial sticky carpet situations.

GoldenSunrise said...

I just found the empty jelly jar on the other side of the recliner. : )

windarkwingod said...

Here we can buy plastic tubes of sweetened condensed milk to put in your coffee. They look like toothpaste tubes. I would never suck on the little nub to get the last of the toothpaste out - but I suck on the end of the sweetened condensed milk tube until every drop is gone and my tongue hurts... You know, after reading this I think I have revealed WAY TOO MUCH about myself. I apologize for any startling words or images.

roamingwriter said...

Glad, I'm not using that sweetened condensed milk stuff... We have jars of chocolate spread over here. Dangerous. They treat chocolate as a breakfast, energy product over here. I'm beginning to believe them. I need a jar of the spreadable stuff, I'm out.