Monday, November 07, 2005

vandalized

I generally view vandalism as a stupid crime that I hope I don't have to deal with. Who wants to pay to have a keyed car repaired or a spray painted wall cleaned? I had to smile at the defacement that I saw a couple of blocks from my house yesterday, though.

On the way to church I noticed a change on the sign for a housing development near my house that wasn't there the day before. Later, Golden and I drove by to snap a picture, but there were three or four people near the sign and I didn't want to raise suspicion that I was the perpetrator come back to revel at the scene of the crime. I drove around for a couple of minutes then Golden snapped the picture quickly as we passed the sign again.

It brought a smile to my day, so maybe it will bring a smile to yours as well.

7 comments:

T said...

:) The smile it brought to my day! (Just wanted to share it with you!)

gigi said...

That looks like something seminole would do...

so funny...

f o r r e s t said...

That's awesome! It definitely looks like a seminole job.

Dash said...

I wonder what it would be like to be the vandal? Was a spontaneous sort of, "hey what should I do with this spray-paint can" thing ... or had it been planned?

Were there 2 or three targets that had been evaluated based on overall humour, community impact, and likelihood of arrest?

Did they do drive-bys and post lookouts with walkie talkies to watch for cops?

Was the smiley part of the original plan, or an after-thought ....maybe the "g" was the after thought!

So many questions.

meredithia said...

nice. much better than the soapy fountains, since that one is too common.

Jadee said...

hmmm...maybe clearing did it???? LOL! just kidding...he just seems to be dabbling in trouble alot

but it wasn't me...i don't drink anymore...not after seeing what happens when my liver shut down on me this summer...(that was from the penicillin though) =D

roamingwriter said...

That's funny I recognize the sign and enjoy seeing a random moment from home! I always love when someone vandalizes with only one or two letters. I think of these things myself. Fortunately I never committed to those particular acts of vandalism.