Thursday, November 03, 2005

cheesed

Every once in a while I get sick to my stomach at night and can only get comfortable enough to sleep by -- um -- spending some time in the bathroom. This hasn't happened to me for several months, so I figured it was something that had been temporary and that I was past. That was until a couple of nights ago when it happened again. It was only then that I deduced the root cause.

One of my favorite late night snacks is cheese and crackers. I usually eat colby or cheddar, but I have been known to use cream cheese as well. The crackers have to be saltines. The very thought of a slice of colby between two saltines makes my mouth water.

As my face was hovering over the toilet bowl something occurred to me. Those offerings that I had given to the porcelain altar in the past have always been very similar. Every time I had gotten sick I had eaten saltines and colby cheese shortly before. I was satisfied with that discovery, but it was only an hour and a half later that my stomach was satisfied enough that it would let me go to sleep.

Does this mean that I will not be eating colby and crackers any more? Of course not. It just means I won't gorge myself on half the package of cheese like I did that night.

12 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

I think cheese and crackers is my all-time favorite snack.

Jadee said...

or a spoon of peanut butter makes a great late night snack...

T said...

My dad use to eat that almost every night! I like them too.

GoldenSunrise said...

No cheese for you!
-Cheese Natzi

f o r r e s t said...

Does Dust cut the cheese every night before bed?

shakedust said...

Interestingly, there is a coorelation between me cutting the cheese and feeling sick. That is a little eerie.

gigi said...

How sad for you. I love cheese.

Isn't the whole idea of chucking gross? Seriously... how gross is it that your face is basically in the toilet? What exactly did the last person who used that toilet do in there? And now your face is in there? Iw. Only, at that moment you really don't care because you are so sick and all you want to do is get whatever is in your stomache out. But don't you think about it later on? Iw...

Doc said...

That's not as gross as knowing that with each flush, droplets are dispersed through the air probably landing on your toothbrush sitting innocently in the stand by the sink.

windarkwingod said...

In Spain there is alot of Olive Oil on everything. It tastes reaally good. But you can't "cut the oil..." Maybe use a measuring cup or something... (_*_)

gigi said...

martha stewart says you are supposed to close the toilet lid while flushing because of this reason, doc.

T said...

Yeah, there's a lot of nasty stuff on fountain drinks in public places like QT. So I don't ever get fountain drinks anymore. 20 oz. bottles for me please!:)

Stephanie said...

Cheese makes my little one's feel gross too. My oldest thinks it's worth it though. Sounds like you do too!