Thursday, November 10, 2005

dear ________,

I have never been good about writing letters. In fact, I am very bad at it. I don't know why. I just am.

When I moved 800 miles from home to go to college, I think my mom expected me to write more. I may have written to her twice. It was more than I wrote to anyone else, though, so it's not like she was the only person to whom I did not send enough letters.

Eventually, my mom got a sense of humor about the whole thing and wrote a letter for me that I was supposed to fill out and send back to her. Golden came across that letter a few days ago. What Golden found was a copy, so I think that I actually did fill out the letter and send it back. Here's what the letter says (the names have been changed to protect blah, blah, blah) .



Date __________

Dear _______,
a. Dad
b. Mom
c. Miss Carisma
d. All of the above

I am doing ________
a. fine
b. wonderful
c. so-so
d. terrible

My classes are ________
a. interesting
b. challenging
c. too easy
d. boring

My job is _______
a. going well
b. a piece of cake
c. too much to handle

I've been spending the majority of my time _______
a. studying
b. sleeping
c. on the phone
d. socializing

The food is ______
a. just like home cooking
b. better than home cooking
c. like Mrs. O'Mealy's
d. now I know what cardboard tastes like

I think about you _______
a. all the time
b. on occasion
c. almost never
d. "What was your name again?"

Please send _______
a. money
b. food
c. a plane ticket home
d. ___________

My least favorite class is ________________
because ____________________________

My favorite class is ___________________
because ____________________________

Well, I had better go.


Your _______,
a. loving son
b. adoring brother
c. friend
d. __________


Dust

5 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

Boy, that is pretty easy. I wonder why you thought writing letters was hard?

gigi said...

You mom is so cool...

T said...

Now that it's on the web, we can copy paste it into word and keep it for when our sons/daughters don't write. Right?

Jadee said...

That is a great idea!

shakedust said...

For the record, I found out recently that my mom and sister collaborated on this letter. That makes sense because I see some of my sister's humor in it as well.