Monday, November 28, 2005

a vacation from my vacation

Like people all over the United States, Golden and I spent the bulk of our time over Thanksgiving vacation with family. It was a marathon of sorts, as we spent all day Thursday with her Grandparents from her dad's side, Friday morning and afternoon with my grandmother from my dad's side, Friday evening with her grandfather on her mom's side, and Saturday afternoon with her grandparents from her dad's side again. We love our grandparents and wish we could see them more, but in less stressful circumstances.

Now that I have got my holiday whining out of the way, Golden and I have an announcement. We likely won't go on another non-holiday vacation for many years to come because somewhere around July 15, 2006, we will have a new addition to the family. Golden is six or seven weeks along. If you have questions that are more detailed than that you may want to ask her on her blog. We announced the news to family over the Thanksgiving holiday, and are now announcing to friends, acquaintances, and people who stumble across our sites. We were going to delay the announcement to the end of the first trimester, but we decided to let the cat out of the bag since we would be seeing so much family this past weekend.

8 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

Good job, Dust! Way to score one for the team.
Whoa Nelly!
Wowsers!
Hey fellas, let's have a burger bash!
Watch out!
Holy smokes!
Git 'er done!
Shout through the heart and you're too late baby you give love a bad name.

Dash said...

since forrest used up all the good cliches except the ones involving "swimmers" and "little guys", I'll just say congrats!

By the way ... over the next several years, when Forrest, BB, and I (along with every other father you know) are quietley laughing at all the fun things you are experiencing - please remember we are laughing WITH you.

sorta.

Dash said...

... and I thought it was "Shot through the heart, and you're to blame ...."

were you mixing it up with "Shout to the Lord". I know it's your favorite Hill Song and always playing in your head - right?

f o r r e s t said...

Yea, I'm not up on Bon Jovi songs from the '80's (or ever) so I am sure I butchered the lyrics, but you get the idea.

This one is my favorite:
Yeah Dust! He slipped on past the goalie!

Stephanie said...

YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
One more person coming to the dark side...

I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt the other day saying "look what I did" with a stick figure of a pregnant girl. It made me laugh.

Achtung BB said...

Congratulations. Welcome to the club

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be an aunt! I'm going to be an aunt! I'm going to be an aunt! :o) :o) :o) :o) :o)

I WILL restrain myself from too much shopping until you find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. No promises are in effect past that moment, however.

Jadee said...

Congratulations! At least you already have your blog created...it makes a great therapy outlet and support group! =D