Sunday, November 20, 2005

typhoid dust

I have had a cold lately. It hasn't been a huge deal, but I have been very conscious about the likelihood of spreading the contagion around the places I go. I almost skipped work on Friday, but opted to go because we are very short-handed. I almost didn't go to Elevate PM (young adult group) because we would be visiting older people in the area, but I went and was simply very careful not to do things that would spread germs (like sneezing into my hand then shaking hands with someone).

This morning I went to Sunday School, but skipped the main service because I didn't figure that most people would feel comfortable shaking hands with someone who sounds like he is hacking up a lung. I couldn't just not shake hands, because that would seem rude. I also can think of nothing but curling up in a blanket when I am in this condition.

Anyway, how am I to handle a serious cold? Should I lock myself away from the world, or should I go about with business as usual? I never really know how to handle this sort of thing because it isn't as definitive a sickness as the flu, but it is still contagious and keeps me from wanting to participate in too much activity. I just don't want to make everyone else sick right before the holidays.

6 comments:

T said...

ah ah ah chew! Hope you feel better soon! :(

Dash said...

That's a pretty elaborate excuse to come up with just to get out of the all-church Thanksgiving dinner.

.. then again, this kind of weather makes we want to curl up in blanket even when I'm not sick.

Jadee said...

When I was in the hospital, all my doctors carried around their own little container of Purell. They would use some after they checked my heart and blood pressure, etc. It was a very smart thing to do I think.

GoldenSunrise said...

So, how was the church Thanksgiving dinner?, dash & T. : )

T said...

Good question golden, I wonder how it went? Did you and dust sit at your own table to not spread germs! :)????

f o r r e s t said...

So was this your excuse to be alone after sunday school?

The thanksgiving dinner was really good this year. It wasn't so rigid like it had been the last few years. The buffet tables had lots of good food and good desserts.

Dar and Roamer were there. It was nice to speak with them. They brought some interesting desserts. That is Dar for you.