Sunday, May 22, 2005

seeing less of me is a good thing

Why do I post so much? I think it is because if I am not consistent I tend to just drop things. I almost did that with Bible Quiz when I was in high school. I just kind of skated by until a team of sixth-graders defeated the team I was on and I was forced into making a decision between going all out or dropping out (because I would not give a half-hearted effort and be embarrassed like that again). I went all out and was more obsessive about quizzing than I ever have been about blogging.

I am currently faced with a similar situation. I don't want to burn out anyone who wants to keep up with the site, but I know if I am not somewhat regimented I will eventually stop posting to this site altogether.

To address this I am deciding right now that I will post no more than four times in a week to the journal and no fewer than three times so that the posts stay fresh, but don't get overwhelming. This is not yet due to lack of content. I actually had three other ideas for the weekend post and I might try one of them tomorrow. This is simply to allow anyone who doesn't check the site daily to keep up with what I have to say.

That was a lot of words to just say that I'll be posting less. I might need to work on shortening my posts too.

2 comments:

windarkwingod said...

hmmm - interesting, now I'm off to your next entry...

T said...

Seems reasonable. I hope it works for you, I enjoy the read.