Monday, January 21, 2008

nothing but the truth

I have been told in the past that I am very calculated in my responses. I prefer the word, "thoughtful," but I will not disagree. At least part of the reason for this was illustrated to me yesterday.

I was talking to someone in the hallway at church yesterday morning when the service started. About five minutes into the song service I told the person I with whom I was speaking that I needed to get to the service since I was supposed to usher that morning.

Later, I found that someone had miscounted the ushers so there were too many of us. As a result of this I did not usher. This is great except that I am concerned the person I told that I was going to take offering thinks I fibbed to break off the conversation.

There are a lot of reasons why I usually pause to think before I talk, and that I choose my words carefully. One of the big reasons, though, is that I do not like the idea of passing on bad information or other people thinking that I lied. I figure that I am always one mischosen word away from saying something wrong. That's no lie.

2 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Hopefully, most people would assume that something happened that resulted in you not ushering. And most people would assume that it wasn't a lie.

Portland wawa said...

I think they will give you the benefit of the doubt, taking your previous encounters with them into account.