Saturday, December 01, 2007

no melancholy muse

Over the past week I have been in a melancholy mood. It isn't full-fledged depression or anything like that. My mood has just been a little more dreary than usual lately, and not even for many good reasons.

This isn't a post where I am asking people to feel bad for Dust. I'd prefer my readers wouldn't because it's part of that up and down process that most people go through. I just am always a bit confused about what to post about when I am in a funk. Few things sap my creative drive more than when I am little down, so I usually don't have the tenacity to put much effort into an involved monologue.

Another problem is that most of the ideas I come up with when I am in a mood are more cynical than I should be. I don't want to use this site as just an outlet for me to whine through because no one really wants to read that, except possibly in the condition that the whining is presented creatively.

This week it worked out that I had three ready-made topics to type about, so it there weren't any problems. I did not really have to put much thought into posting this week. Tonight I drew a blank, though. I am sure it is not obvious.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I'm sure it's hard to come up with something nearly everyday. When my life is less than exciting, I don't find much to post about. You can always post about what CDs you bought for the month. I always enjoy reading those.

T said...

I know what you mean. To be as consistent as you are you must have a pretty deep creative well. I like these posts too that just inform of where you're at and what is or in some cases is not going on, at least you had something to say! :)

shakedust said...

I haven't bought a CD for myself in long time, so you may be bored about my, "CDs I have purchased," post. :)

f o r r e s t said...

Yeah, dust. Tell us about your new music.

bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun.