Saturday, December 29, 2007

christmas 2007 trip update

I apologize to anyone who has been expecting updates with the frequency that I normally provide. I have not had too much opportunity to sit down at a computer for long enough to post anything worthwhile for a few days, and I do not expect to have another opportunity until the middle of next week. There is a small chance that I will be able to post something before then, but don't hold your breath.

I leave you with a few updates on my trip.
  • NJ has actually done very well in the car so far. He has been a handful when he is out of the car, though, so I think that he is acting out the frustrations I expected to see in the car elsewhere.
  • When we have gone anywhere even remotely noteworthy I have forgotten the camera. This happened on a visit to Silver Dollar City and to the Big Mac Museum (which is basically a dolled up McDonald's, but still worth a few pictures).
  • When I was growing up my parents couldn't afford to spend much at Christmas time. Now, as an adult, I am amazed that they spend so much on gifts for me and the rest of the family. I make out like a bandit with getting gifts from both Golden's and my family. We probably need to increase our immediate family gift budget just because we receive significantly more than we give.
  • I have been reminded one reason why I cannot live in Pennsylvania. I always get car sick if I am a passenger in a car that is travelling around the rolling hills in western Pennsylvania. That is not such a problem in Kansas.
  • Everyone keeps reminding me that I have gained some weight. That's what family is for, I guess.
I am sure that either I or Golden will have more information on our trip later, but that is what I have for now.

7 comments:

Portland wawa said...

I am glad NJ is good in the car for you. I struggle with not letting them use the DVD player on long trips. Your family tells you that you gained weight?? I am a little surprised. I don't think my family would tell me.

Achtung BB said...

I immediate family has no problems telling me I've gained weight.

T said...

Sounds like you have had a good trip. So what were the gifts you got? My parents do more then they use to also, I always feel bad that we don't do more.

f o r r e s t said...

No need to apologize about your frequency. I haven't checked blogs till today.

I had a grandma that was really blunt about everyones weight.

shakedust said...

Individual people in my family are free with commenting on that to the men in the family. Since I'm a guy it isn't too big a deal (no pun intended). I am sure I am going to hear that a lot in my life.

shakedust said...

that = weight

GoldenSunrise said...

It was good to see family. It is nice to be home though.