Monday, December 03, 2007

hair bands that i like

I know a few people are going to misread that title.

For years now I have had an urge that some would probably find shameful. It's actually a bit of a surprise that I am not embarrassed about it. Maybe I will be now that I am sharing it. I have a thing for hair clips, hair bands, and scrunchies.

For some reason, I find most of the devices designed for girls' hair incredibly entertaining. Give me a banana clip and a hair band (not the 80s rock version) and I can be enthralled for hours.

I think all of this is due to my fidgety nature. I also like fidgeting with office supplies like staple removers, rubber bands, and paper clips. The difference is that few people care if I am playing with a staple remover. Some might be uncomfortable seeing me play with a scrunchy.

The reason I was thinking about this is that Golden just got a couple of new hair clips a couple of days ago, and so I expect to be busy for the next couple of days.

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...

Maybe you should try to grow your hair out and you can start using hair clips. Could you not keep your hands out of your hair then?

GoldenSunrise said...

BB, Dust can't keep his hands out of his hair as it is. He constantly fidgets with his cowlick.

Dust, I will put my hair clip on your recliner tonight so you can fidget with it. : )

T said...

Too funny. I always liked toy cars, especially "Stompers." I guess this isn't that different! :)

Anonymous said...

Dust, what do you think of panties? Some are small enough and have the elasticity of a scrunchy. Those could be hours of fun.

f o r r e s t said...

that was me above. I was experimenting with the nickname thingy.