Thursday, December 06, 2007

broken

I am hard on my stuff. I have fried multiple XBox controllers, power supplies, hard drives, and other components. Not only that, my spectacular record is even continuing as of late.

My laptop has been acting up over the last few months. I know what the issue is, and it is still usable. It just makes a loud beep when I start it, and one of the network adapters does not work. It is still under warranty until mid-January, so I have procrastinated in addressing this until last night. The warranty company agreed over the phone to have me ship the laptop to them to fix it. This will be the second issue for the laptop that I have needed to get fixed under warranty.

Since I need to back up the data on the laptop before shipping it out to be repaired, I started copying files to an external hard drive I bought a few months ago. It stopped working within a few hours of use.

I must have the opposite of the Midas touch with electronics. Everything I touch becomes worthless. I just wish my stuff would actually keep working like I expect it to.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

Sounds like a pretty bad laptop.

GoldenSunrise said...

Aren't we looking at consumer reports for this stuff?

T said...

It's tough to know when you're getting a good thing or not. At least the warranty is covering the problems so far for the laptop. When we buy stuff that doesn't work we usually don't have a warranty on it, or it breaks after it expires!

f o r r e s t said...

being that I don't know much about electronic, I have lucked out when it comes to problems. Good thing because I don't know any of that stuff you were referring to.