Monday, December 10, 2007

achoouch

Over the weekend I have dealt with a cold. Because of this, I have been reminded about something that has been happening to me lately. At times when I am already feeling achy, strong sneezes make my shoulders and arms hurt pretty strongly. This has only started happening in the past year or two, but it is very noticeable.

It is not really avoidable either. If I hold in the sneeze, it still hurts. If I sneeze multiple times in a row it hurts more.

I started thinking this weekend that maybe I am not the only person to experience this, and maybe this is something that I should investigate. I did not find much definitive information, but I did find that I am not alone and that it probably has something to do with specific nerves getting jostled or pinched at the moment of the sneeze.

So, the question of the day is, is there anything strange about your sneezes? Do yours hurt? Do yours sound weird? Are you able to control whether you sneeze or not?

7 comments:

Portland wawa said...

If I sneeze alot, alot, alot, yes, it hurts. Usually my sinuses hurt so all I feel is my head pounding.

T said...

I do not sneeze in 3's like some people do. I usually have one forceful sneeze that makes my throat sore for a while afterwards. hmmmm

shakedust said...

I wonder who would sneeze in threes. :)

If Dash has four sneezes, is the fourth one essentially sub-sneeze of the previous one?

f o r r e s t said...

You really don't want to know about my sneezes.

Achtung BB said...

I sometimes sneeze so hard that I split my lip. Is that unusal?

Dash said...

re: the 4th sneeze .... I'd just have to sneeze two more times. I keep a amll packet of peppr from Mcdonalids in my pocket for exactly that purpose.

I also keep track of my single sneezez so that I can finish the month with a multiple of 3.

anon said...

Yeah, I completely empathize. When I sneaze, my shoulders hurt really badly. I just googled it and that's how I found this site. Weird.