Wednesday, December 05, 2007

take a cold shower

This is the time of the year when I start to notice that the house is not perfectly warm when I wake up. So to combat this, I like to hurry through my morning teeth brushing and shaving to get into my warm shower. It is one of the few of my typical morning rituals that I look forward to.

A couple of days ago I had a rude awakening when I hopped into the shower. The water was not cold, but it certainly was not warm enough to offset the temperature of the air around me. I turned the nob for the cold water all the way off, but the water still did not warm up. This was a disturbing turn of events since we just replaced our water heater a month ago.

Golden later noted that NJ had for a brief moment gotten to the water heater temperature control nob and twisted it. She was not sure what the temperature was supposed to be set to, so she could not just return it to its previous setting. Unfortunately, I don't know the right setting either.

So, until I determine that my morning shower is comfortable, I will be bumping the heat up on our water heater every day. It's a hassle, but it is worth the effort.

1 comment:

T said...

I don't know what your's is like, but we just had issue with this very thing.

Ours has a line or a notch just below the "HOT" level on the dial. My dad showed me this after we moved in here and started having trouble with our hot water. He said that is usually a good regulator for the hot water heaters. It's not hot enough for multiple baths/dishes washing, but it works for us. I turned ours up to "Hot" and I'm pretty sure that's why we had to replace the pressure valve.

Hope you have warm showers soon! :)