Tuesday, August 01, 2006

a little off the sides

My parents went back home yesterday. They were here to see NJ, but while they were here my dad took on two tasks that I wouldn't have figured out how to deal with.

On the first or second day they were here, my parents saw a mouse in the kitchen. This concerned me because my mom is not a rodent fan. We laid out traps and my dad eventually figured out that the mouse came through one of three holes in the wall in the garage. He installed a rubber sweep under the door between the garage and the rest of the house and got my canned foam to fill in the holes.

My dad also has this thing about wanting to trim trees. Given that I have been complaining about having to mow under one of the trees in my back yard, I was happy that he was interested in trimming the tree. Twenty-three bags of branches later and the lawn just got easier to mow.

Before: After:
Maybe I'll figure out how to deal with this stuff on my own some day. I'm not holding my breath.

6 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

-

Anonymous said...

You know how you see ads for diet solutions and it shows before and after pictures, and they're so different that you're not even sure it's the same person? But the reason they look different is not because of the weight difference but because of completely unrelated other characteristics? That's like this tree. Yes, maybe it's lost a few hanging branches, but because of the flowers, I can't be convinced that it's even the same tree. It's the same principle.

shakedust said...

Yeah, I could only find the picture with the blooms.

Anonymous said...

You seem like a pretty smart person. I am surprised that you could not figure out that the tree needed to be trimmed. (If you were having to duck under them to mow.)
Maybe it's just me, but cutting the branches seem like the logical conclusion.

Achtung BB said...

Do you miss your cat now?

f o r r e s t said...

Dads are always good with helping sons.